Saturday 18 July 2015

Twinchie Tiles

This weeks challenge over at the Stampotique Blog is all about "twinchies"...little 2x2" works of art. I had this idea of doing something on a 4x4" piece of card and then cutting it up into quarters to make a tile effect. 
I started off with stamping the Collage Journey stamp onto my card in portrait mode, then scraping acrylic paint with a bank card to tone down the wording. then I stamped the large Butterfly....(my fave by far butterfly)!!!  onto tissue, colouring it in and adding it to my card with matte media, then cutting it into four 2x2" squares. I made the base with the same Journey Collage stamp and some stitching, then added another tissue butterfly to the bottom. I then added the tiles, raised with dimensionals. 
I have to say I love this card....probably because it has my favourite butterfly on, but I also love the tile effect too, and the distressed effect of the scraped paint.  Is it wrong to praise your own work!!!! 


5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful Jane, this is my favourite butterfly too! Thank you so much for joining in with our twinchie challenge at Stampotique. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beyond beautiful ♥

    Thank you for joining us Jane at the Stampotique Designers Challenge. Gez

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jane.
    Thanks for joining in with us at Stampotique this week.

    ReplyDelete