Monday 30 June 2014

12 tags of 2014 June

I was actually working on another card, and doing plenty of faffing about (as I do it so well!!) and you know that rare moment....well, rare for me!!! when I was suddenly on a roll and the next thing I knew I was making this card for the Tim Holtz 12 tags of 2014, June challenge. I am bowing down in admiration for the creative genius that is Sir Tim Holtz...as I am sure all the crafting world is too!!. This is my first time entering one of Tim's challenges, and I am sure I will enter some more. Here is my tag, using the dot fade stencil for this months technique, I had the idea to die cut the Umbrella Man and do the same technique that I used on the background. This is so much fun and very addictive. The ribbon on the top of the tag is the piece of kitchen paper that I used to blot up the excess ink, I left it to dry then cut it up into strands.....cool eh!!!

16 comments:

  1. Very very cool! My favorite of all the entries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your win this month Janes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your colourful tag, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Jane! This is really awesome! Congratulations! :-D Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool indeed! I love your tag and congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous! I have always loved the rain man. Congrats on your win. The colors a wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the total tag. So well put together. Clever on the bow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. great use of the technique and the stencils...love the rays at the bottom. Very cool tag!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the honourable mention especially as it's a first time entry :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful tag and Congrats!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  11. love those colours! great looking tag. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just fabulous! I love how you applied the stencil technique to the umbrella man too - it's all so well coordinated. Congrats on your win :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cool, Jane and congratulations. Love the umbrella guy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Congrats on winning. This is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the win, well deserved, love your bright fun tag and the umbrella guy of course!

    Hugs
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, Elizabeth, congratulations on a wonderful honor! Yes, Sir Tim is amazing! And I LOVE your tag! Just love this umbrella man, and you've really made him "shine" with distressed color and your gorgeous bow!! Big hugs, sweet DD sister!!

    ReplyDelete