Wednesday 8 April 2015

I'm in Stitches!!!!

I don't seem to be able to do a card now without adding some stitching around the edge with my sewing machine, it seems to help draw the card centre to the eye, so I was so glad when I saw that this weeks challenge at the Stampotique Designers Challenge Blogspot  is all about "stitches"....  Coby is the hostess this week and she says   "I love stitches in my creations, sometimes stamped, sometimes by hand, sometimes with the sewing machine".   so she is challenging us to use stitching in our creations.
I saw this quote and I thought it just perfect for this challenge, I do like to take things quite literally!!!, anyhow, I thought I would try it first on some copy paper that I have been using as a mat for a while so that I don't get lots of gunge and inks on my surface, I printed out the quote on the paper and then cut it right through the quote, crumpled up the cut edge slightly, then stuck the two pieces onto another piece of card, but offset the quote slightly, then hand stitched down the cut.  Well I liked it so much that I decided to use this "test piece" so I added the fabulous MOTH FAB image, then with my sewing machine I did some stitching round the edge. I love it when a plan comes together straight away instead of the usual three or four attempts to get it right!!!!...ah well...there is no such thing as a waste of paper, for every time I don't get it quite right, I just alter it with another layer of paint!!! I am so frugal when it comes to paper, I won't even let my partner throw away any waste copy paper he has.....and he always has loads with all the rubbish he is printing and making mistakes!!! ahh well...more for me.

9 comments:

  1. Love this.TY for sharing your process,now I'm willing to try hand stitching !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Jane, I love the stitching ! Thanks for joining us over at Stampotique !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Jane :) :) :)
    Thank you so much for joining in with us again at Stampotique this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome and I love the colours!!Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and clever card! Thanks for joining us again at Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love what you did with your card.....this quote and the stitches....love it! Thanks for joining the Stampotique DC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! Love all the colours and the stitches, of course! ;) Thanks for joining us at Stampotique. Magda :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sentiment just works perfectly with this challenge-absolutely stunning! Thanks for joining us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is perfect! The stitched sentiment is spot on.

    ReplyDelete