Wednesday 24 May 2017

Paperbabe Stamps challenge #48


This weeks  PAPERBABE stamps challenge is a picture inspired one, of some flowers and a few colours, bluey greens, and yellows. I always like it more when a challenge has a theme, I absolutely hate it when it is an "anythng goes"challenge, cos I just don't know where to start, I look round at my huuuuuuge craft stash and feel paralysed!!!

I am really enjoying playing with my paperbabe templates, I notice that the portraits trend is huge at the moment, and didn't think that I would like it, mainly because of my lack of confidence with anything new like faces.... but my god Jane.... it is just a piece of paper....get experimenting!!!!
Actually, I quite enjoy doing the face part, especially with Kims stamps because it is much easier to do the facial features symetrically so that is a help, but I also like doing the shading, what I have discovered is that I hate doing the hair...I just doesnt look right,  so I solved that one this week by eliminating it....result!!!!
I made this card and didn't quite like it because one of the flower heads covered her lips and I just felt it looked weird, so I did another one, which I will post later, but the more this one sat on my craft desk the more it grew on me....and I actually like it more than the other one I did.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, love how you have used the face against the wildflower and the co,ours are gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete