Wednesday 5 December 2012

Team Squeal changeover

Afteer working with Hambostamps rubber stamps for two months, it is team squeals turn (that's me, Jan and Carolyn)  to change over to the digi team.....and as it is Wednesday it is Hambo Hoedown time!!!! YeeeeeHaaaaaa, The image is "Southwest" and can be found here The challenge for this week is to make a masculine card. I have to admit that when I saw the image nothing came to mind as to what to do with it, I was wracking my brain as I took the hour long drive to my dance lesson, I just couldn't wait to get back home and start playing with it and hopefully get some inspiration from somewhere, so as soon as I got in, I started to color the image, Im not the worlds best at coloring in, so I used my Derwent fine art pencils as I didn't really want any harsh lines and I thought I could blend it slightly with the thinner I have (similar to your gamsol magic I think), anyway as I was coloring the sky, I glanced to the side of me and noticed a card with an oval apperture in one of my MANY boxes of stash, that's when I had a flash of genius to make a diorama card with my southwest image, I love dimension on cards and always have a problem with one layer cards, I just love them when other people do them but I cant seem to manage it somehow, anyway, I printed the image twice again, each one slightly bigger, colored them in, making the nearest image bolder than the muted background image, pulled the card stock to pieces and made a concertina side to give the dimension, and the ability to close flat, stuck the original image to the back of the card and cut the other two out putting one layer in the middle and one to the front, I had the sentiment stamp from working on the rubber team, the whole of the rubber stamp says "you rock my world" and can be found here on the Hambostamps website, I just masked it so that it reads "you rock!" quite fitting I think.

 
I do hope you will join us at the Hoedown this week, remember that you must use Hambo images to play along but there are some freebies here if you dont have any, if you play along this week you will be sent next weeks image for FREE... Howzat!!!

2 comments:

  1. Simply a brilliant use of the sentiment! LOVE your scene and all those layers! WOWZA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You Rock! Love this card - Clean and simple and awesome! I look forward to seeing what you come up with each week and as usual you do not disappoint!
    Hugs! Lyn

    ReplyDelete